Sri Lanka is a beautiful island located off the Southern coast of the Indian Sub Continent. Sri Lanka shares maritime borders with India to the North West and Maldives to the South west. Located at the crossroads of ancient East-West maritime trade routes Sri Lanka was known by the Indic, Chinese, Persians, Arabs and Western civilizations. Sri Lanka is a Destination within the island are unique from one another, be it local traditions, natural landscapes, wildlife or even beaches, all offering one of a kind escapes that provide an insight into what has made this nation the “Wonder of Asia”.
At a Glance
Language :Sinhala, Tamil, English
Currency : LKR
Time Zone: (GMT+5:30)
Electricity: 230 volts AC, 50Hz. Plugs with three round or three square pins are used.
PLAN YOUR TOUR
1 Day:Negombo 2 Days, add: Anuradhapura 1 Day, add: Polonnaruwa 2 Days, add:Kandy 3 Days, add:Nuwara Eliya/Bandarawela 3 Days, add:Bentota 2 Days, add:Colombo
With More Time:
If you have more time you can extend your tour with stay at Dambulla, Kitulgala, Mirissa, Haputale , Galle, Udeweriya.
Things To Do:
*Bentota Only two hours south of Colombo and an hour and a half north of Galle, this popular beach resort is an ideal place to unwind at the end of your tour.
* Bandarawela On the southern edge of the hill country, Bandarawela has been popular with Sri Lankans and foreign visitors alike for many years and is one of the oldest tea planters' resting places in the country.
* Colombo Colombo, Sri Lanka’s economic center is a colorful and bustling city. It’s an interesting mix of Moor, Portuguese, Dutch and British influences with a history of over 600 years.
* Kandy Stronghold of the Sinhala Kings and capital of Sri Lanka’s hill regions, Kandy is perhaps the most beautiful and romantic city in the island.
* Nuwara Eliya Nuwara Eliya, also known as ‘Little’ England’, was the favorite hill station of the British. Nuwara Eliya (City of Lights) is a resort city in the Central Mountain Range of Sri Lanka. Blessed a with salubrious climate, breathtaking views of valleys, meadows, mountains and greenery; it’s hard to imagine that Nuwara Eliya is only 180 Km from the hote and humid Colombo.
* Polonnaruwa Polonnaruwa is considered one of the best preserved historic cities in the world, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, due to its abundance of historic remains. It’s nevertheless a magnificently preserved city with rich archaeological monuments and natural beauty.
* Sigiriya Sigiriya (The Lion Rock), also known as the ‘Palace and Fortress in the sky’, was built by King Kassapa (477 – 495 AD). Sigiriya is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
When to Go
Sri Lanka is blessed with a tropical climate, with temperatures remaining in the high 20s throughout most of the year. To soak up some sunshine, be sure to come during the dry seasons (June - August and December – March). The rest of the time it's the monsoon season, so expect rain during this time.